This accessibility statement applies to www.lewishamandgreenwich.nhs.uk.
This website is run by Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using browser or device settings
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using a keyboard or speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
Feedback and contact information
If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please email our communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need information on this website in a different format such as accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- call 020 8333 3355
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.2 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some pages and documents have a reading age higher than 16 (WCAG 3.1.5). We regularly review our written information to ensure everyone can understand it, but sometimes we have to publish information of a legal or clinical nature. Where possible, we link to additional information that is easier to read.
- Some of our PDFs do not have accessible titles: we know PDFs and closed file formats are difficult to use for people with accessibility needs, so wherever possible we use open standards (such as CSV) and HTML pages instead. Where we find documents that are not accessible, we will either fix them, convert them to HTML pages, or unpublish them.
- Some of our PDF’s do not have a default language set.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
We may use third party content on the website, such as social media feeds. The accessibility of this content is outside the control of Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust.
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 2 November 2023. It will be reviewed on 2 November 2024.
This website was evaluated by the Government Digital Service on 7 July 2023 – you can read the report on the Gov.uk website.
The issues raised were fixed and tested by a third party company in September 2023. The most viewed pages were tested using automated testing tools by our website team. A further audit of the website was carried out to the WCAG 2.2 AA standard.