The Trust Board
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust is run by a Trust Board that consists of full-time executive and part time non-executive chair and directors.
The role of the Trust Board is to manage the Trust by:
- Setting our overall strategic direction within the context of the NHS priorities
- Ensuring we provide high quality, effective and patient focused services through clinical governance
- Regularly monitoring our performance against objectives
- Providing financial stewardship through value for money, financial control and financial planning
- Ensuring high standards of corporate governance, personal conduct and compliance with statutory duties, and
- Promoting effective dialogue with the local communities we serve.
All of our non-executive members live locally and are therefore in touch with the major issues affecting healthcare in the area. They all agree that a large part of their role is to make sure that the Hospitals and community services focus on the needs of the people for whom they are providing services.
You can find information about all of our board members, including pictures and biographies, via the link below.
Register of Members' Interests
All board members are required to declare any conflict of interests that arise in the course of conducting NHS business.
On appointment, board members declare any business interests, positions of authority in a charity or voluntary body in the field of health and social care, or other body contracting for NHS services. These are formally recorded and entered into a register, held by the board secretary and available for the public to view.
Trust Board Meetings
Board meetings during the Covid-19 outbreak
In line with social distancing requirements meetings (for the foreseeable future) will be avaiable to join live via Microsoft Teams with the link available on request from the Board Secretary. You can contact them on email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The link will be available until 5pm the day before the meeting.
The public can also submit questions via the Board Secretary. To enable informed answers your questions should be submitted no later than 9am on the Monday, the day before the meeting.
You can see all of the papers relating to Trust board meetings and a summary of more recent meetings below:
- Summary of board meeting on 31.3.20
- Summary of board meeting on 7.4.20
- Summary of board meeting on 14.4.20
- Summry of board meeting on 21.4.20
- Summary of board meeting on 28.04.20
- Summary of board meeting on 5.5.20
- Summary of board meeting on 12.5.20
- Summary of board meeting on 19.5.20
There are times when the Trust will need to consider agenda times which are confidential and cannot be discussed in public. The Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings Act) 1960 permits a Board of an NHS Trust to pass a Board resolution at the meeting to exclude the public and press from the meeting 'whenever publicity would be prejudicial to the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business, or for other special reasons stated in the resolution'.
The Chair has overall and final responsibility for the running of the Board meetings. The Chair has discretion to ensure that all business is transacted in accordance with the guidance and relevant legislation.
Further information about Board meetings is available from:
Lewisham High Street
London SE13 6LH
T: 020 8333 3000 ext 8131