At Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do return and review this Policy regularly.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) our acting data protection officer is the head of information, clinical coding and medical records.
Information we collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
We may on occasion gather information regarding your computer whilst you are on our website. This enables us to improve our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers where appropriate.
Such information will not identify you personally. It is non-identifiable data about our visitors and their use of our site. This data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our services. To provide information on other services which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service changes, that may affect our service.
Storing your personal data
Data that is provided to us is stored on secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing your information
Where applicable, we may use your personal information for internal purposes as outlined in our privacy notice. In addition we we may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell/transfer any or all of our services and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection.
Third party links
You mind find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their content, links and policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access to information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the right to request access to the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you, then you can find details on do so under our access to information pages.