Before each Board meeting starts, members of the public will be given an opportunity to raise questions related to the Trust Board Agenda.
To enable informed answers, questions should be submitted in advance at least 24 hours before the meeting. This can be done using the Trust proforma, via email or by telephone. The Chair of the Trust shall have discretion to vary the requirements of notice.
Where a full response cannot be provided at the meeting, we will aim to send you a response within 20 working days of receipt. Please note that any written communication or verbal request may be treated as a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and treated accordingly.
If members of the public wish to raise matters not on the agenda, then arrangements will be made for them to meet with the appropriate member of staff outside of the meeting.
Members of the public are reminded of the following:
- When asking a question, please introduce yourself and declare any formal affiliations
- Questions relating to individual patient care or the performance of individual staff members will not be discussed at Board meetings
- To enable as many attendees to ask a question or make a comment, each attendee is invited to make one comment or ask one question
- There may be a need at times for responses to be provided outside the meeting
- If answers cannot be provided at the meeting, a full response will be given in writing/telephone within 20 working days
- The Chair reserves the right not to respond to comments or questions which relate to issues which are the subject of current confidential discussions or legal action or any other matter at her discretion. The Chair will provide an explanation if such discussion cannot take place
- The Chair reserves the right to decide that a comment or question requires a formal Trust response and in such cases the question will be acknowledged and responded to within the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act
- The time available for comments or questions should not prejudice the proper and timely conduct of the Trust Board Meeting in Public
A list of past questions can be foud on our 'questions asked by the public' page. The Chair has discretion to edit questions and answers. After Questions from the Floor, the Trust Board Meeting in Public will commence.
Submit A Question
To submit a question for the next Board meeting, please complete the form below. You can also email questions to LG.BoardSecretary@nhs.net or call 020 8333 3000 ext 8131.