Respiratory Nursing Team
The respiratory nursing team supports the care of patients admitted to hospital with both Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and asthma.
University Hospital Lewisham
The door is located on the front of the hospital in the patient transport area.
T: 0208 333 3000 Ext: 6178
What services are provided?
Some of the services that we offer include:
- Education and appropriate support on discharge.
- Close working with community services and home visits for patients who require oxygen
- COPD supported discharge service which allows us to discharge patients from hospital and continue their care at home.
- Two respiratory nurse clinics per week
- A spirometry technician who supports practices in performing spirometry which helps with the diagnosis of asthma and COPD.
- A Pulmonary rehabilitation service and refer patients with COPD into this service.
- We work closely with the stop smoking service.
How can you get a referral?
Patients can be referred by any healthcare professional.
Why choose the Lewisham Respiratory Nursing Team?
- We work closely with COPD key workers in GP practices in keeping patients at home whenever possible.
- We try to be flexible in our approach to care and if a patient with severe COPD can be seen at home rather than attending a clinic then we will try and achieve this whenever possible.
- We have an equipment library that allows us to loan out both oxygen and nebulizers in an attempt to support patients at home.