We provide a wide range of services for older people, including outpatient services, inpatient services, and rehabilitation.
Where do we provide services for older people?
We provide elderly care at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospital Lewisham and in the Lewisham community.
What conditions does the department treat?
We look after patients over the age of 65 with multiple co-morbidities, including falls, infections, strokes, Parkinson’s disease, delirium, dementia, and patients requiring rehabilitation.
- Ash Ward, University Hospital Lewisham, Orange Zone
- Elm Ward, University Hospital Lewisham, Orange Zone
- Oak Ward, University Hospital Lewisham, Orange Zone
- Aspen Ward, University Hospital Lewisham, Orange Zone
- Hawthorn Ward (Frailty Unit), University Hospital Lewisham, Orange Zone
- Ward 16, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, First Floor
- Ward 18, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, First Floor
- Ward 19, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, First Floor
- Ward 20, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, First Floor
What services are available for older people?
We provide a wide range of services for older people, including:
- Inpatient services
- Stroke Unit (specialist stroke inpatient beds and rehabilitation)
- Orthogeriatric services
- Dementia Services
- Memory Clinic
- Falls Clinic (including falls and fracture liaison)
- Movement Disorders Clinic
- Stroke / TIA Clinic
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
- Elderly General Medical Clinic
- Tilt Table Clinic
How can you get a referral?
You can be referred by a GP or a practice/speciality nurse at your GP surgery.
You can also be referred by a member of staff at the hospital eg a doctor or nurse in the Emergency Department.
Please use the menu to the left or the links above to find contact details for the service you need. You can also find useful information on the contact details page.
What should you bring to your appointment?
Please bring a list of your current medication with you.
For our Memory Clinic, patients should come with a carer or family member who can provide a collateral history, in addition to the completed questionnaires which are posted to them prior to the appointment.
The Lewisham Memory Service offers comprehensive assessment, treatment and support options to anyone over the age of 18 years who is experiencing memory problems which are likely to indicate dementia in the borough of Lewisham.
To view our information leaflet for patients of Lewisham Memory Service recieving care at Lewisham Hospital, please follow the link below: