Thousands of people have quit smoking and you can too – so make this January your fresh start. If you smoke and want to stop, there are free proven NHS tools and support to help you quit. If you are one of our patients or if you live in Lewisham or Greenwich the local stop smoking teams are on hand to support you every step of the way. Get in touch to work out what will work best for you.
Stopping smoking brings multiple health benefits including having more energy. You’ll also have more money; someone who stops smoking 20-a-day saves around £70 a week when they quit – that’s £3,600 a year.
Five top tips to help you succeed:
- Pick a quit date and add it to your calendar
- List your reasons to quit
- Use stop smoking aids to help manage cravings
- Change your routine if you smoke at certain times of day
- Tell people you are quitting and contact our stop smoking team for support and medications, including e-cigs.
Need more motivation? There’s a range of free support for those looking to quit, including the NHS Quit Smoking app, Facebook support group, an online Personal Quit Plan and advice on stop smoking aids including information on how vaping can help you quit smoking.
To ask for support
Call Lewisham Stop Smoking Team on 0800 0820 388.
To contact Greenwich Stop Smoking Team text QUIT to 60060 or email your name and phone number to: email@example.com