The South East London Community Head and Neck Cancer Team (CHANT) provides support, advice and specialist rehabilitation for patients who have undergone treatment for head and neck cancer. We are a multidisciplinary rehabilitation and support team, comprising dietitians, speech and language therapists, clinical nurse specialists and physiotherapists, who are all specialists in head and neck cancer.
The team is led by colleagues at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, which is the Cancer Treatment Centre for head and neck cancer, to provide seamless care from hospital to home following a patient’s cancer treatment. CHANT is the only service of its kind in the UK, bringing specialist care and rehabilitation closer to the patients’ home.
Services we offer include:
- Holistic needs assessment and care planning
- Advice, support and exercises for speech and swallowing problems
- Exercises for shoulder and neck problems following treatment
- Support and advice for patients with a tracheostomy, laryngectomy or feeding tube
- Help to increase independence
- Advice and support for breathing problems
- Emotional support for patients and carers.