The Children’s Rheumatology Service diagnose and treat musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions including arthritis and joint pain.
020 8333-3000 ext. 6824
Who is the service for?
The service is for children and young people up to the age of 16.
What conditions does the department treat?
The service treats a number of musculoskeletal and autoimmune conditions, including:
- Joint pain
- Musculo-skeletal pain
- Regional pain
- Connective tissue disease
What services are provided?
- Holistic medical assessment
- Access to local orthotic service
- Referrals to psychological and occupational therapy services, as appropriate
- School liaison
How can you get a referral?
Children can be referred by their GP or by healthcare professionals from other NHS trusts.
Why choose the Lewisham Children’s Rheumatology Service?
- It is a long-standing multi-disciplinary service with extensive experience of managing children with Rheumatological problems.
- Clinical services are provided by a Consultant Rheumatologist and Consultant Paediatrician with an interest in Paediatric Rheumatology
- Dr John Stroobant, Consultant Paediatrician