The children’s cardiology service at Lewisham Hospital provides a comprehensive service for children with suspected or confirmed heart conditions.
020 3192 6763
Who is the children’s cardiology service for?
The service is for children and adolescents from birth to 16 years of age with suspected or confirmed heart conditions.
What conditions does the department treat?
The children’s cardiology service treats a wide range of conditions, and referrals generally fall into the following categories:
- Chest pain
- Syncope or dizziness
- Screening because of family history of congenital heart disease - cardiomyopathy or other syndromes
- Kawasaki disease
How can you get a referral?
Following an assessment, usually by your GP, a referral will be made for your child to be seen by a member of the team.
Information about your appointment
- Please bring list of medications, growth chart (red book) to all clinic visits.
- Medical students may accompany the consultant to see patients, as part of their training.
- If you no longer need this appointment, or need to change it, please call the appointments line on 020 8333 3216 (Option 2) or re-book your appointment using Choose and Book.
Why choose University Hospital Lewisham?
- We work closely with regional specialist cardiology centres (such as Evelina Children’s Hospital) to offer a wide-range of clinical expertise
- We offer a local service which provides rapid access to all cardiac investigations
- We have a state-of-the-art cardiac ultrasound machine