The paediatric general medicine service at Lewisham Hospital treats a wide range of conditions, including:
- Chest pain that is unexplained
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Feeding problems
- Fits and faints of an unknown cause
- Headaches and migraines
- Problems with growth or weight
- Urinary tract infection
The service also treats general conditions that do not require specialist treatment in the following areas:
- Respiratory Services
Where is the department located?
All outpatient clinics for children and young people that are held at Lewisham Hospital are based on the ground floor of the Kingfisher Building, which is located in the Pink Zone.
How can you get an appointment?
Following an assessment, usually by your GP, a referral will be made for your child to be seen by a member of the Children & Young People Team at Lewisham Hospital. This referral can be made in a few different ways, as follows:
- Choose & Book appointment – This is where you can book an appointment with the chosen service directly yourself, either at your GP surgery or at home; choosing a date and time that is suitable for you.
- Direct referral – This is where the person referring your child will send a letter or fax to the chosen service and you will then receive the next available appointment, which will be sent to you by post.
Any queries regarding appointments can be directed to the person referring you or to the Appointments Team at University Hospital Lewisham on 020 8333 3216.
What else do you need to know?
- Please bring list of medications, growth chart (red book) to all clinic visits.
- Medical students may accompany the consultant to see patients, as part of their training.
- If you no longer need this appointment, or need to change it, please call the appointments line on 020 8333 3216 (Option 2) or re-book your appointment using Choose and Book.