Cardiology Services in Lewisham
The department provides a comprehensive cardiology service for adults, providing diagnosis and treatment for a range of heart conditions. Patients are either referred by their GP or the hospital's Emergency Department.
|Find it on a map >>|
|Contact||0208 333 3000 ext 8094||Give us your feedback >>|
The Cardiac Department is based next to the Radiology Department on the first floor of the outpatient’s building.
The Coronary Care Unit is on the third floor of the Riverside building.
Coronary Care Unit: 020 8333 3000 ext 3857 or 8835
Cardiac Department: 020 8333 3000 ext 6147 or 6278 or 8094
Cardiac Rehab: 020 8333 3000 ext 6514
Heart Failure Community Service: 020 30493473
Heart Failure Hospital Service: 020 8333 3000 ext 8170
Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic: 020 8333 3000 ext 3217
Arrhythmia Service Tel: 020 8333 3000 ext 8172
What conditions does the department treat?
The department treats a wide variety of conditions in adults, including:
- Acute coronary syndromes
- Heart failure
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter
- Supra ventricular tachycardias
- Ventricular arrhythmias
- AV nodal disease
- Syncope and pre syncope (fainting, lightheadedness)
- Pericardial effusion/tamponades (collection of fluid around the heart)
- Endocarditis ( a rare heart infection)
- Myocarditis/pericarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle)
- Cardiomyopathy (heart muscle disease)
- Valvular heart disease
- Inpatient and outpatient cardiology
- RACPC (rapid access chest pain clinic)
- Atrial fibrillation (AF) clinic
- DC Cardioversion
- Hypertension clinic
- Acute coronary syndrome (ACS) inpatient and outpatient services
- Heart failure inpatient and outpatient services
- Inpatient and outpatient exercise treadmill testing (ETT)
- Echocardiography (a painless study using ultrasonic waves to visualise structural and functional abnormalities of the heart),
- 24-hout ECG monitoring and blood pressure monitoring
- Patient activated monitoring (PAM)
- GP direct access echocardiography, 24-hour ECG monitoring, blood pressure monitoring and ECG
- Transoesophageal echocardiography (TOE)
- Cardiac CT
- Myocardial perfusion scan
- Stress echocardiography
- A full range of inpatient and outpatient cardiac rehabilitation (CR)
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 8.30am-5pm
Saturday and Sunday: closed but with extra clinics as required.
The GP electrocardiogram (ECG) service is open daily 8.30am-4.30pm.