We provide free and confidential sexual health services across four sites in the boroughs of Lewisham and Greenwich.
If you think you have monkeypox symptoms – however mild:
Contact NHS 111 or call one of our sexual health clinics immediately (020 3049 3500 for The Waldron Centre, New Cross, or 020 8836 6969 for The Trafalgar Clinic, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich).
Your call will be treated sensitively and confidentially. Please do not visit our clinics unless you have been asked to do so.
Avoid close personal or sexual contact with others until you know that this is not monkeypox.
Our sexual health clinics are dedicated to testing and treating a wide range of sexual health conditions led by specialist medical teams. Services offered include:
- Tests and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Genital warts treatment including cryotherapy
- HIV testing
- Services for young people
- Emergency hormonal contraception
- PEP (post exposure prophylaxis)
- PrEP (pre exposure prophylaxis)
- Genital skin care and advice
Please note we do not offer cervical smears – please contact your GP if you need to have this done.
Clinics in Lewisham
Lewisham Sexual Health Services are run from the three sites below.
You can book an appointment online (via the 'book now' button') or by telephone (numbers listed below).
Walk-in appointments are also available for under 25s at our Downham Health and Leisure Centre clinic.
If there are no appointments available please try again later as appointments are released 48 hours in advance.
The Waldron Health Centre (New Cross)
Suite 8, 2nd Floor, Amersham Vale, London, SE14 6LD (opposite New Cross station)
T: 020 3049 3500
The Primary Care Centre (Hawstead Road, Catford)
1st Floor Hawstead Road, Catford, SE6 4JH
T: 020 3049 3500
Downham Health and Leisure Centre (under 25s only)
1st Floor, 7-9 Moorside Road, Downham, BR1 5EP
T: 020 3049 3500
Clinics in Greenwich
Sexual Health Services in Greenwich are run from the Trafalgar Clinic in Woolwich.
Testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
If you do not have symptoms
If you do not have any symptoms and want a routine STI screen please go online and order a free, discreet home test kit which will be delivered to your door. This is an easy and convenient way to test for a range of STIs.
- Register your details and answer a few questions about what type of sex you are having
- Order your test kit – it will be sent to you quickly and discreetly (there will be no identifying marks or logos on the packaging)
- Take your samples and place it all back in the box, seal it up and pop it in your nearest post box as soon as you can. The results will be sent to you in via the option you chose when registering, ie text message or email
Ordering your test
If you receive a positive result, do not panic – the company who process the home testing kits will advise you on what to do next, or you can call your nearest clinic for advice.
If you have symptoms
If you have symptoms of any STI, or you are unsure whether you have symptoms, please call us to discuss your testing and treatment options.
For information on sexually transmitted infections including symptoms and treatment, please visit the NHS website.
For more information on the specific services the Trust offers for patients with HIV/AIDS, please click through to our HIV services page.
The Trust's sexual health and HIV services are working to make AIDS a thing of the past – here's how: