We provide free and confidential contraception services across three sites in the Lewisham borough.
For contraception services in the Greenwich or Bexley boroughs, please visit www.greenwichsexualhealth.org or www.bexleysexualhealth.org
We provide services for men and women of all ages, including young people and under 16s.
- Emergency hormonal contraception
- Contraception advice
- Online contraception
- Long-acting reversible contraception (LARC) including IUDs (coils), Mirena (IUS) and implants
- Free condoms
- Services for young people
- Pregnancy testing, advice and referral.
Order your contraception online
You can order some regular or emergency contraception online free of charge from Sexual Health London if you live in Lewisham, Lambeth, Southwark, Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham, Westminster, Ealing, Harrow, Hackney, City of London or Brent.
Contraception methods available for delivery:
- Emergency contraceptive pill (morning after pill)
- Combined hormonal contraception
- Progestogen only pill
- Vaginal ring
- Contraceptive patch.
Contraception services are available at two clinics in Lewisham. Young people and under 16s are welcome at all clinics.
You can book an appointment online (via the 'book now' button below) or by telephone (numbers listed below).
Downham Sexual Health Clinic to close
We want to let you know that the sexual health sessions held in Downham will stop from 1 April 2023. You can still get an appointment at the Waldron Centre and Hawstead Road clinics, or from other services in the borough. Please see below for some options and alternative sexual health services.
You have several options:
- You can order a free home testing STI kit or regular contraception, including emergency oral contraception, from Sexual Health London.
- You can book an appointment below at one of our other sexual health clinics, Waldron Health Centre or Hawstead Road. Remember, if you can't find an available appointment, don't worry; appointments are released 48 hours in advance, so check back later.
- You can get a sexual health screening, contraception and emergency contraception from your GP practice.
- You can get free emergency contraception from local pharmacies including:
- Day Lewis Pharmacy, 443 Downham Way, Bromley BR1 5HS, 020 8697 2615
- Grove Park Pharmacy, 344 Baring Road, SE12 0DU, 020 8857 9637
- Come Correct provides access to free condoms in a variety of locations (called Outlets) across London. Once registered at Come Correct you can collect condoms or get advice from any outlet displaying the Come Correct logo.
- Humankind Charity: Insight Lewisham offers free confidential advice and support about drugs, alcohol, sexual health, and relationships to residents of Lewisham under 25 years of age. Check out their website.
We hope that the alternative options we've provided will be helpful to you. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns: 020 3049 3500.
The Waldron Health Centre (New Cross)
Suite 8, 2nd Floor, Amersham Vale, London, SE14 6LD (opposite New Cross station)
T: 020 3049 3500
The Primary Care Centre (Hawstead Road, Catford)
1st Floor Hawstead Road, Catford, SE6 4JH
T: 020 3049 3500
You can use emergency contraception if you’ve had sex without using contraception since your last period, or think your contraception might have failed. It’s best to start within 24 hours, but please still contact us for advice even if it's been more than five days since you had unprotected sex.
There are different types of emergency contraception:
- The emergency intrauterine device (IUD)
- An emergency contraceptive pill.
Emergency contraception is available at all Lewisham sexual health clinics and can also be obtained from some local pharmacies free of charge, even if you are under 16. If you think you need emergency contraception please contact the clinic or go to your local pharmacy as soon as possible for advice.