Sexual health services
The sexual and reproductive health team provides advice and guidance on sexual health issues to men, women and young people.
Where do we provide services?
We provide services at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospital Lewisham (HIV only) and in the Lewisham community.
Please click on a link below to find out more:
- Sexual health and HIV services in Greenwich (provided through Greenwich Sexual Health Services)
- Sexual and reproductive health in Lewisham
- Sexual health and HIV services in our hospitals
What services are available?
We offer an integrated community contraception, sexual health and GUM service including:
- Long acting reversible contraception (LARC) including IUDs (coils), Mirena (IUS), and implants are available by appointment as well as at walk-in clinics
- Tests and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are available at all clinics
- Specialist GUM service every day at the Waldron clinic by appointment
- Services for young people (You’re Welcome accredited services)
- Pregnancy testing, advice and referral
- Emergency hormonal contraception:
- A tablet that can be taken up to 72 hours (three days) after unprotected sex to help prevent pregnancy (this will be more effective the sooner it is taken). The tablet is also available from many pharmacies in Lewisham – visit www.kisp.org.uk for a list of pharmacies near you.
- A tablet (ellaOne) that can be taken up to five days after unprotected sex to help prevent pregnancy.
- An emergency intrauterine device (IUD) which can be used up to five days after unprotected sex to help prevent pregnancy.
- HIV testing
Please note we do not offer cervical smears – please contact your GP if you need to have a smear.