Family nurse partnership
The Family Nurse Partnership (FNP) provides an intensive home visiting service to support young first time mothers (aged 22 years and under) from early pregnancy until their child is two years old. This is available throughout the Lewisham borough.
Various locations across Lewisham
What services are available?
The FNP offers a number of services, including:
- Home visiting and health promotion programmes to support parents
- Promoting parent and child attachment
- Support to young parents to access other services
- Help with behavioural change that will have a positive impact on health and wellbeing
- Focus on the needs of the child and their development
How can you access the service?
Pregnant women and people (aged 22 years and under) can refer themselves to the service, if they are less than 28 weeks pregnant, by emailing LH.FNP@nhs.net. or completeing the attached referral form.
Why use the FNP?
- FNP aims to improve maternal health during pregnancy
- FNP aims to achieve the best outcomes for mother and baby, and enhance the child’s health and development by helping parents provide the best possible care
- FNP works in partnership with parents and helps them to make the changes in their life that will help them and their child achieve their goals and dreams.
- Family Nurses work with young parents and help them be the best parents they can be for their child
- FNP can help young people navigate all the services available to them in Lewisham.