Donate to the Trust charity
About our charity
The Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Charity makes a difference by funding projects and initiatives that enhance care and improve patient, visitor and staff experience.
Supporting projects that fall outside of standard NHS provison, the charity supports University Hospital Lewisham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Woolwich and the wider community our Trust serves.
Your donations have helped to fund projects which contribute to significant improvements at our hospitals and community sites, such as:
- Wellbeing hubs, and dedicated emotional support, for frontline staff - which is particularly important during the Covid-19 pandemic
- A state-of-the-art breast biopsy machine which speeds up the diagnostic process
- A range of new equipment, such as a Swedish birthing chair, to improve patient experience in our maternity services
- Bike racks to enable more staff to park their bicycles safely at our hospitals
- ‘Covid Heroes’ awards to recognise the achievements of exceptional staff during this unprecedented time.
Every donation, no matter how big or small, will make a difference and we sincerely appreciate them all.
Ways to support our charity
- Online: You can make a donation by visiting the Charity’s Just Giving Page
- Cheque: Please make cheques payable to: ‘Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Charitable Fund’ and post it to:
For the attention of Debbie Yearsley, Charitable Funds Manager
The Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Charity
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Stadium Road, Woolwich
London SE18 4QH
If you include a return address we will be delighted to send you a thank you note to acknowledge your kind donation.
- Credit or Debit Card: You can donate by using your credit or debit card on our dedicated Just Giving Page
- Bank Transfer (BACS): Please contact Debbie Yearsley: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with this
- Setting up a regular donation: By setting up a regular gift today you can help make an ongoing difference to our patients and staff. You can set up a regular donation through our Just Giving Page, by clicking on ‘Monthly’ under donation amount.
If you would like to give funds to a specific department within the Trust, please state this when you make your donation. Alternatively, please contact Debbie Yearsley: email@example.com who will ensure your donation is allocated in the way you would like.
We are grateful to the Friends charities for their ongoing support and for helping us make a difference:
- Friends of University Hospital Lewisham use their funds to improve the patient experience at University Hospital Lewisham and our community sites. You can donate to the Friends of University Hospital Lewisham. Contact Valerie Fairbass, Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- League of Friends at Queen Elizabeth Hospital who use their funds to improve the patient experience at Queen Elizabeth Hospital and right across our Trust. Contact Diane Hudson, Chair: email@example.com
Donate to our Winter Clothing Virtual Appeal
We invited local communities to support patients in University Hospital Lewisham and Queen Elizabeth Hospital this Christmas.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and the restrictions that are in place at hospitals, donations of toys and other gifts could not take place so we set up a new virtual Christmas appeal to make sure that it was still possible to spread festive cheer to patients young and old across both hospitals.
You can still donate to the Winter Clothing Appeal to provide warm clothing for older patients whose relatives cannot always bring them in due to Covid-19 restrictions, or who may not have loved ones to provide them before they are discharged from hospital.
Different ways you can support our Charity
Your own event or activity: If you are planning a fundraising activity or event, or have an idea of ways you could support the Charity, please contact Margarita Vidiella, Head of Charity (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be able to assist you will your query. To help you with your fundraising, you can set up a fundraising page through Just Giving.
Leave a gift in your Will: If you are thinking about leaving a gift in your Will to The Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Charity, our friendly Charity team is here to help. If you have already left the Charity a gift in your Will and have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Margarita Vidiella, Head of Charity on email: email@example.com.
Amazon Smile: If you shop on Amazon Prime, simply select 'The Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Charity' by signing up to Amazon Smile to trigger donations for our Charity at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
Setting this up is simple and you only have to do this once:
- Go to smile.amazon.co.uk and log in into your regular Amazon account
- Choose 'The Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Charitable Fund' from the charity options
- Shop as usual
- To continue to support our Charity, do any future Amazon shopping by using: smile.amazon.co.uk (Amazon will remember your chosen charity).
Dedicated supporters we would like to thank
Trust staff, patients, visitors, Friends of University Hospital Lewisham, League of Friends at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, The Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Choir, Team LGT Runners (follow them on twitter @TeamLGT), local companies and members of the community.
Our Charity has also been the recipient of NHS Charities Together grants. We are hugely grateful to NHS Charities Together and the many thousands of people who have supported their Covid-19 Appeal. Their generosity continues to enable our Charity to provide support to our staff and patients throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or queries about supporting our Charity:
- Margarita Vidiella, Head of Charity: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debbie Yearsley, Charitable Funds Manager: email@example.com
Thank you all for your continued support, it really means a lot to our patients, visitors and staff.