At Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust, our aim is to proactively encourage flexible working; we believe that it benefits everyone if people are able to achieve a positive work-life balance.
We are proud to be a Timewise Accredited NHS Trust, and offering flexible working is an important way for our Trust to attract and retain staff. We welcome flexible working across all job roles to support your work-life balance.
Types of flexible working
- Part-time – working less than 37.5 hours per week
- Off-site/remote working – working at home or at other sites for part or all of the working week
- Job sharing – two part-time employees sharing the work and pay of a single role
- Compressed hours – usually full-time hours but over fewer days, for example a 9 day fortnight
- Staggered hours – having different start and finish times
Benefits of flexible working
- Flexibility to better meet family and personal needs
- Reduced commuting time and expenses
- More control over your time schedule and working environment
- Can work during the hours that fit your energy cycles best
- It can create space for your health and wellbeing
- It enables better work-life balance