Our Emergency Departments are very busy
Our Emergency Departments (A&Es) are extremely busy, so there are long waiting times at Queen Elizabeth Hospital and University Hospital Lewisham.
- In a life-threatening emergency, call 999 or come to A&E
- Please come on your own, or with one person only (to save space in A&E)
- If not a life-threatening emergency, please call 111 to find out where to get the right care.
You can also find details of local NHS services, including pharmacies, on the My Health London website: https://myhealth.london.nhs.uk/services/.
A&Es are for genuine life-threatening emergencies, such as:
- Loss of consciousness
- Acute confused state and seizures that are not stopping
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulties
- Severe bleeding that cannot be stopped
- Severe allergic reactions
- Severe burns or scalds
- Stroke care
- Major trauma such as a road traffic accident.