Compliments and Concerns - Who to Contact


We understand that a stay in hospital can often be an unexpected and stressful time for patients, carers and visitors. We hope to make your stay as stress-free as possible and so if you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to speak to a member of staff on your ward.

Staff are not allowed to accept gifts or money (apart from tokens of appreciation such as fruit). If you would like to make a donation, cheques may be received for the ward charitable fund. Please ask to speak to the Nurse in Charge.

Concerns and Complaints

In the first instance, if you or a visitor have any concerns or questions regarding your care or treatment, it is best to speak to a member of ward staff who will be able to help with your query. Details of ward staff can be found on the boards at the entrance to each ward.

If you have a concern or query once you have left hospital or you do not want to speak to member of ward staff, it is best to speak to our Patient Advice and Liasison Service (PALS).

The PALS team are also here to support a patient, carer or relative through a hospital stay. So if you do not know who to speak to or just want some advice, please do not hesitate to contact them.

Please follow the link below to find out more about PALS, and how best to contact them.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)