Would you like to learn techniques to enhance your psychological health, resilience and effectiveness?
The Macmillan Psychological Support Team invites all Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust patients who are living with and beyond cancer to a resilience and well-being skills training course.
Who is this training for?
The training is for all Lewisham and Greenwich NHS patients living with and beyond cancer.
What skills does it cover?
By attending four two-hour sessions we’ll help you to develop skills that:
- Reduce the impact of difficult thoughts and feelings on your well-being and behaviour
- Untangle from worry and rumination
- Build your personal resilience, enabling an alternative response to stressful situations
- Improve your ability to live in the present moment
- Improve your focus and concentration
- Recognise the choice you have over the actions available in different areas of your life.
When and where?
The next course will run in May from 1.30pm–3.30pm in the Owen Centre at University Hospital Lewisham on the following dates:
- Wednesday 1 May, Saffron Room
- Wednesday 8 May, Cobalt Room
- Wednesday 15 May, Saffron Room
- Wednesday 22 May, River Room.
How do I book a place on the course?
If you have any questions or would like to sign up, please email Matt and Lauren in the Macmillan Psychological Support Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org