Women's Health at Queen Elizabeth Hospital
The Gynaecology Department provides a comprehensive gynaecology service with a full range of sub-specialities.
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Stadium Road, Greenwich, London SE18 4QH
- Main Switchboard: 020 8 836 6000
- Early Pregnancy Unit: 020 8836 4897
- Hysterscopy: 020 8836 4509
- Urodynamics: 020 8836 4397
- Colposcopy: 020 8836 4509
- Minimal Access (keyhole surgery): 020 8836 4397
- Gynaecological queries: 020 8836 4397
What conditions do we treat?
We treat a range of gynaecological conditions. Referrals are usually made via GPs to consultants and their teams and cover the following concerns:
- heavy periods
- pelvic pain
- fertility problems
- pregnancy loss/ miscarriage
- urinary problems
- sexual health issues
- any other gynaecological concerns
What services do we provide?
We provide a range of specialist clinics and services including:
- Early Pregnancy Unit – we provide specialist scanning and support for women experiencing problems in early pregnancy.
- Hysteroscopy – this 15 to 20 minute procedure examines the lining of the womb using a thin, lighted tube called a hysterocope
- Urodynamics – we provide investigations using physical measurements such as urine pressure and flow rate to assess the bladder and urethra
- Colopscopy – this procedure is an advanced smear examination using specialised instruments to give an illuminated, magnified view of the cervix and internal tissues. Biopsies can also be taken during this examination.
- Minimal Access or ‘Keyhole’ surgery – this is used in many gynaecological operations as it is less invasive, reduces post-operative pain and allows quicker recovery.