Visiting Times at Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Important announcement: restricted visiting
To limit the spread of COVID-19, we can no longer allow visitors to any of our adult inpatient wards. We will ask family members to instead keep in touch via telephone or video calls where possible. Please note this applies to both University Hospital Lewisham and Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
- For patients who are critically ill or nearing the end of their life, one visitor will be permitted, with the agreement of the ward manager
- Women attending our hospitals for pregnancy scans should come alone
- However, women in labour in our maternity unit will still be able to bring a birthing partner with them
- Children under 16 on our inpatient wards will be allowed one parent or adult visitor
This has been an incredibly difficult decision to make, but as a Trust we feel these measures are necessary to keep our patients and our staff safe. We are looking at additional ways of ensuring that all our patients can stay in touch with their relatives and carers.
We are advising members of the public if they have a dry cough or a high temperature please not to visit at all. If you are concerned that you have symptoms of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) then you can find out more on the NHS website.
Thank you for your understanding at this time. We will update on any further changes in due course.
Visiting times at Queen Elizabeth Hospital
All adult inpatient ward areas
- Open visiting at all times for immediate family or carer only (as identified in the care plan) unless ward staff advise otherwise
- Visiting for all other visitors from 3pm - 8pm.
- Two visitors are allowed at a time unless exceptional circumstances apply and agreed by the nurse or midwife in charge.
Areas with Special Visiting Arrangements
The following areas have special visiting arrangements in place and are specific to the needs of the unit:
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - 12pm to 5.00pm and 6pm to 7.30pm
- High Dependency Unit (HDU) - 12pm to 5pm and 6pm to 7.30pm
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - Parents can visit at any time.
- Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU) - Parents can visit at any time. Other visitors must be accompanied by a parent to visit at any time.
- Paediatrics (Children’s Wards) - Parents can visit at any time.
- Maternity - Delivery suite (Labour Ward) - Anytime
- Oncology - Anytime
These hours can be found on the Trust website or directly from the unit itself.
• Visitors are limited to 2 per bed
• We ask visitors not to sit on beds to help us with infection control
• Please check with the Ward Manager if you would like children to visit you while in Hospital
• If children do visit, please encourage them not to sit or crawl on the floor or disturb other patients