Visiting times at Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Please see our Covid-19: guide for visitors for up to date information.
Here you can find the usual visiting times for wards at Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
All adult inpatient ward areas
- Open visiting at all times for immediate family or carer only (as identified in the care plan) unless ward staff advise otherwise
- Visiting for all other visitors from 3pm - 8pm.
- Two visitors are allowed at a time unless exceptional circumstances apply and agreed by the nurse or midwife in charge.
Areas with Special Visiting Arrangements
The following areas have special visiting arrangements in place and are specific to the needs of the unit:
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - 12pm to 5.00pm and 6pm to 7.30pm
- High Dependency Unit (HDU) - 12pm to 5pm and 6pm to 7.30pm
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - Parents can visit at any time
- Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU) - Parents can visit at any time. Other visitors can visit at anytime but must be accompanied by a parent.
- Paediatrics (Children’s Wards) - Parents can visit at any time
- Maternity - Delivery Suite (Labour Ward) - any time
- Oncology - any time
These hours can be found on the Trust website or directly from the unit itself.