In view of the ongoing situation with coronavirus (COVID-19), we have been receiving a number of queries from patients about their scheduled outpatient appointments. Our telephone lines are extremely busy, so here are the main points you need to know:
- If you have been given a hospital appointment, please attend as normal unless:
- You are advised otherwise by us, or
- You have a fever and/or a new continuous cough.
- We are contacting patients directly if we do have to cancel or rearrange appointments, or if we are offering you phone or video appointments. So if you do not hear from us and do not have symptoms, please do attend your appointment as normal.
- To protect our patients and staff from the potential risk of coronavirus, please attend your outpatient appointment alone if possible. If someone is bringing you to the hospital, please ask them to drop you off and return when you’re ready to go home. If you need to have someone with you during your appointment, please bring one person only.
For the most up-to-date information and guidance on coronavirus, please visit the NHS website.