Become a Member
So far over 9,000 patients, carers and members of the public and of our local community have signed up as members of the Trust.
You can show your support by filling in our on-line application form and joining us today.
Who can become a member?
Being a member of the Trust is free, and need not take any more of your time than you want to give. You will receive updates on local NHS developments and can choose to get more involved if you want to – for example, by speaking to frontline healthcare staff on how we can improve our services.
There are two groups of non-staff members:
- The Public Group – open to anyone who lives in the boroughs of Lewisham, Greenwich or Bexley.
- Rest of England and Wales Group – open to anyone who lives in England or Wales who has used NHS hospital or community services in Lewisham, Greenwich or Bexley over the last five years. You can also join this group if you have been a carer to someone using services.
Members of both groups must be aged 11 and above.
It is up to you which group you choose to join, but you can only be a member of one of these groups.
Become a member
Don't miss out - send us your email
Most of our membership communication is via email. To get the most out of becoming a member, it really will help us if you can supply an email address. That way we can keep in touch with you more regularly, letting you know about member events, any focus groups we are running and general news and updates about our Trust.
Our communication to those members without an email address is more limited as we have to keep any mailing costs to a minimum.
To become a member, you can do one of the following:
- Fill in the on-line membership form join as a member online by clicking here
- Email us at email@example.com
- Telephone us on 020 8333 3422
What does membership mean?
As a member, you will be able to:
- Receive regular information about what we are doing through our member e-newsletter
- Attend open days, seminars and events. For forthcoming member events, please check the Events information below.
- Get a better understanding of what we do and help promote our work
- Be consulted on any major changes to our services
- Take part in focus groups and surveys
- Take advantage of the Health Service Discounts scheme. Health Service Discounts is the official NHS employee and member benefit provider to over 700 NHS organisations. Whether it’s spending on insurance, mobile phones, travel, utilities, fashion or day-to-day basics, they offer savings from hundreds of leading brands. Visit www.healthservicediscounts.com now to register.
We are currently planning our events programme for 2018. For now, please put the following date in your diary:
- Annual General Meeting - Tuesday 11 September 2018, 6pm, Lessof Auditorium, University Hospital Lewisham