Listening to you...
The ‘Listening to you’ programme ensures that the feedback patients give us is heard and that the Trust and its departments are listening.
The patient experience team is producing a series of ‘you said we did’ posters, for every area in the Trust, on an on-going basis. We want to feedback to patients, visitors and staff that we are listening and highlight the improvements that we have made.
You can view and download the 'You said we did...' posters for both University Hospital Lewisham (UHL) and Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) below.
These outline initiatives such as volunteers delivering copies of Metro newspapers to the wards so patients can catch up on the days news, helping patients to socialise more at meal times and more activities generally on the wards, special flow co-ordinators to help with the discharge process, the interactive flooring in the play room and posters featuring key staff members so they are easily recognisable to everyone.
Here are our most recent 'You Said, we did...' posters
- Children's Emergency Department at UHL - drinks fountain
- Beech Ward - multi-disciplinary team, smooth and timely disharge for patients
- Children's outpatients department - allergy clinics
- Introducing the NHS Rainbow badge
- Improving patient and staff experience with new art works
- Information screens in the Emergency Department at UHL
- New 'sound ear' to monitor noise levels in Neonatal Intensive Care
- Medicine crosssite - a new EBUS machine at QEH
- Maple Ward - multi-disciplinary team, smooth and timely discharge for patients
- Increased staffing out of hours in the imaging department
- A new child friendly area for visitors to play while waiting
- Handy checklist for when your loved ones are discharged