While visiting is restricted due to Covid-19, families and friends can drop off personal belongings for patients at our new Patient Belongings Hubs. The Voluntary Services team has put this initiative in place to support patients, their families and friends while a loved one is in hospital.
Now open and ready to accept a small bag per patient at both UHL and QEH, the Patient Belongings Hubs are staffed by our volunteers who will deliver the bags to the wards.
The Patient Belongings Hubs are currently open:
Monday – Friday: 10am-4pm
Opening times may vary subject to volunteer availability and will be updated weekly.
UHL drop off point:
Main entrance corridor opposite Muffin Break
QEH drop off point:
Main entrance, next to the reception desk
What we can and can't accept
It is important for people who wish to drop off a bag to note:
- If medication is included in the bag, the hub team should be alerted
- One small bag per patient – no holdalls or suitcases
- Bag should be clearly marked with patient’s name, date of birth and ward – we can supply labels
- Social distancing measures should be respected and face coverings must be worn on hospital sites
What can beincluded in the bag:
- Clothes, toiletries, books, magazines
- Non-perishable foods and drinks in sealed containers eg. packs of biscuits, bottles of squash
- Valuables are included at owner’s risk eg, tablets, mobile phones, money
What we can’t accept:
- Hot food of any kind
- Glass or breakables
The Trust cannot accept responsibility for any item that goes missing and all items will remain with the patient.