Due to the current visiting restrictions to protect our patients and staff from Covid-19, we have introduced Patient Belongings Hubs at both Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) and University Hospital Lewisham (UHL) where you can drop off a patient’s personal belongings.
The Patient Belongings Hubs are staffed by our volunteers and are currently open:
Monday – Friday, 10am to 4pm at both hospitals, subject to volunteer availability. Please check our website for opening times as these may vary.
This will allow families and friends to bring in one small bag per patient, which will be taken to the ward by our volunteers.
UHL drop off point:
Main entrance corridor opposite Muffin Break
QEH drop off point:
Main entrance, next to the reception desk
If you would like to drop off a bag please note:
- If you are bringing in medication, please alert the hub team when dropping off
- We can accept one small bag – no holdalls or suitcases
- Bag should be clearly marked with patient’s name, date of birth and ward – we can supply labels
- Please respect social distancing measures and wear face coverings in our hospitals
What you can include in the bag:
- Clothes, toiletries, books, magazines
- Non-perishable foods and drinks in sealed containers eg packs of biscuits, bottles of squash
- Valuables are included at owner’s risk eg, tablets, mobile phones, money
What we can’t accept:
- Hot food of any kind
- Glass or breakables
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust cannot accept responsibility for any item that goes missing. All items will remain with the patient