Elderly Care in Lewisham
We provide extensive inpatient, outpatient and rehabilitation services for patients over the age of 65.
We provide outpatient services in various clinics around the hospital.
You can contact the clinic you need using the adjacent link.
|Inpatient Location||We provide inpatient services in 4 dedicated wards.||See all our wards >>|
|Inpatient Contacts||You can contact the ward you need using the adjacent link.||Contact a ward >>|
What conditions does the department treat?
We look after patients over the age of 65 with multiple co-morbidities, including falls, infections, strokes, Parkinson’s disease, delirium, dementia, and patients requiring rehabilitation.
What services does the department provide?
- In patient services
- Stroke Unit (specialist stroke inpatient beds and rehabilitation)
- Orthogeriatric services
- Dementia Services
- Memory Clinic
- Falls Clinic
- Movement Disorders Clinic
- TIA Clinic
- Stroke Clinic
- Elderly General Medical Clinic
- Tilt Table Clinic
- Falls and fracture liaison
Who are the services for?
The TIA/Stroke Clinic, Memory Clinic, Movement Disorders Clinic and Tilt Service are for patients of all ages.
The Falls Clinic and fracture liaison services are only for people who are over 50 years of age.
All of the other services listed on this page are for patients who are over the age of 65 years.
How can you get a referral?
You can be referred by a GP or a practice/speciality nurse at your GP surgery.
You can also be referred by a member of staff at the hospital e.g. a doctor or nurse in the Emergency Department.
What should you bring to your appointment?
Please bring a list of your current medication with you.
For our Memory Clinic, patients should come with a carer or family member who can provide a collateral history, in addition to the completed questionnaires which are posted to them prior to the appointment.
- Dr Elizabeth Aitken, General Medicine and Geriatric Medicine, Falls and Bone Health
- Dr Ian Starke, General Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Stroke
- Dr Mehool Patel, General Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Stroke
- Dr Fahim Mukhtar, General Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Falls, Movement Disorders
- Dr Belinda McCall, General Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Cognitive Disorders
- Dr Teresa Sealy, General Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Cognitive Disorders, Falls
- Dr Jessica Gossage, General Medicine, Geriatric Medicine specialist interest in surgery liaison
The Lewisham Memory Service offers comprehensive assessment, treatment and support options to anyone over the age of 18 years who is experiencing memory problems which are likely to indicate dementia in the borough of Lewisham.
To view our information leaflet for patients of Lewisham Memory Service recieving care at Lewish Hospital, please follow the link below: