Children's community asthma service
The children’s asthma service provides specialist support in the community to children, young people and their families based in the borough of Lewisham.
0203 049 3780
Our service is based at Kaleidoscope children’s centre but we also provide clinics at GP surgeries in the borough and visit children in their own homes.
The aim of the service is to ensure that your child’s asthma is as well controlled as possible so that it doesn’t get in the way of his or her life. We can help you:
- Understand what asthma is and how to control it
- Use inhalers correctly
- Understand the triggers of asthma that could make your asthma harder to control
- Understand and use your child’s asthma action plan
- Recognise when your child is unwell with asthma and what medicine to give
- Avoid admissions to hospital and visits to A&E
- Reduce school absence due to asthma or wheeze
Who do we see?
We offer clinic appointments or home visits to children and young people aged from 0-19 years registered with a Lewisham GP who have a diagnosis of asthma.
We accept referrals from:
- Paediatric Accident & Emergency (A&E), University Hospital Lewisham
- Children’s Inpatient Ward (CIPW), University Hospital Lewisham
- GPs and practice nurses within Lewisham
Please ask one of the health professionals in these settings if you would like to be referred to the children’s community asthma team.