PALS at Lewisham Hospital (also for Lewisham community services)
The PALS Unit at Lewisham Hospital provide confidential advice and support to help you sort out any concerns you may have about the care we provide, guiding you through the different services available at the Trust.
Our aim is to try and resolve any concerns as quickly as possible. If necessary we can advise patients and families of local advocacy services for additional support.
T: 020 8333 3355
University Hospital Lewisham
We are more than happy to meet with patients, carers and relatives to discuss any concerns or queries in confidence.
- A nurse has been employed to look after patients who are waiting for transport home
- Refurbishment of the labour ward
- Change to the location of samples within dermatology
- A new protocol was introduced in Endoscopy to ensure that all patients are booked in appropriately
- New whiteboards in the UCC which include the details of the named nurse
- Token/pound coin operated wheelchairs purchased and introduced
- Dedicated phone line for incoming calls only introduced onto labour ward
- Local visiting policy for NICU has been revised
- All new doctors to be given the palliative care symptom control guidelines
- Consultants to see all follow up patients after surgery in Orthopaedic clinics, registrars to see new patients
- ‘C’ sign introduced to highlight that a patient has a specialist communication need
- Hospital passport introduced to assist patients with learning disabilities
How We Are Performing
How we are performing against key targets >>
What external organisations think of our services >>
How patients rate the care we provide >>